I love VBS! I love the singing and the games and the crafts and the snacks and the community and most of all the Bible stories. This year my room has the story of Elijah after he ran from Jezebel and he heard God in a quiet whisper. So, I have to build a cave. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to do that yet. All of the other VBS rooms have a guy to help out with building. My honey could build a motor any day of the week, but don't give him wood and nails. So, if it is to be, it's up to me! (My mom's lifelong motto.) I'm thinking chicken wire and brown paper. We'll see . . .
I'm also starting to think about the Bible study sessions for our mission trip this summer. We help host a camp for kids and their moms in Tennessee at Deer Run Retreat Center. I will be ministering to moms this summer. Can't wait!
Deer Run Retreat from Rick Simms on Vimeo.
"> Check out the video about Deer Run!I've got lots of journal entries to type and post, but right now I have 2 bushels of corn to freeze and peaches waiting to become jam. So, off to the kitchen I go!
I love summertime!

Yeah! A new post! Miss you and call me. We can get caught up next week...I'm home for the duration now. Love ya, C
ReplyDelete