Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Where did this name come from?

Okay, so I guess my first post should explain why I'm here doing this blog thing and how I came up with the name. So here goes . . .

Why I'm doing this:
I don't know really - to stay tech savvy, to share my thoughts, to keep in touch with others.
I've read Beth Moore's blog for over a year now and have enjoyed the community that it seems to create, even though I haven't participated in the communication part. I've been an active reader. So, when she offered the opportunity to memorize scripture this year, I knew it was time. I guess I had kind of been thinking of joining the Siestas for a while.

Once I decided to join I thought I had to come up with a cute name. Don't all bloggers have cute names? Since I have been doing this study on light in the Bible I like the name "Twinkle" that one of the bloggers has. But, that was already taken. Had to come up with something else. And, since it is a big deal here in Carolina to be a "Carolina Girl", I thought "Why not Carolina Light". That's what I am - a light for Jesus right here in Carolina.

So, that is why I'm here and how I got the name.
I particularly like the picture I've added. I took it standing in my back door right before it rained one day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Welcome to the blogging world! Saw you on Beth Moore's blog and of course "Carolina Light" jumped out at me since I'm from North Carolina! So I wanted to stop by and visit!

    I'll add you to my blog list if that is okay! I've been blogging awhile but still don't know a whole lot about blogging...I know it's alot of fun to follow others who are more descriptive, etc. than I ever will be! And you truly can be empowered by them too!

    Visit mine if you wish! (http://beth-thomas.blogspot.com)

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.