Saturday, January 3, 2009

Some Faith Verses

My first memory verse for January is Hebrews 11:1.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

I've been working on remembering this one but I keep running across a verse I wrote on a card and stuck in my Bible. I've been using it as a book mark so my eyes skim across it every time I look at it and today it dawned on my how it fits my memory verse. Isaiah 40:31(b) says: "
. . . but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength . . ."

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for . . ." Our hope is for the LORD and faith is being sure of the LORD.

It's funny how these two fit together - or at least to me they did.

Another faith verse I found this morning:
Romans 1:17
"For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: 'The righteous will live by faith." (quoting Habakak 2:4)

I'm sure I've picked the right verse to memorize first this year. A year of faith. Hum . . .that could be scary.



____________


A picture of my guys hunting at the club yesterday:

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Just read you comment at LPM about the ropes course. Perfect scripture! My favorite part of that verse when I memorized it for NOGS was the image of Christ presenting me with GREAT JOY. WOW.
    Welcome to the blogging world and the Siesta world.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.