Wednesday of this week I had surgery on my eye to repair my damaged tear ducts.
Did you you know that your tear ducts function like a vacuum? They whisk away the tears in your eye into a duct that leads to your nose where they evaporate, I guess. That is why your nose gets stuffy when you cry. Anyway, if your tear ducts close off, your eye cannot fuction properly.
I am completely amazed at what doctors can do. Who would have figured that they could reconstruct my tear ducts to allow my eye to whisk away the tears.
What is even more amazing is my God . . . who thought of all these little details, so many details that we haven't even figured them all out yet. He is an awesome God and I am completely thankful that He has given knowledge to doctors so that healing for many things is very possible in today's time. Praise you LORD! Thank you for healing!
I was a little anxious about my surgery since I had never had any surgery before. I was in the pre-op area and was all prepped and ready. Above me, painted on a ceiling tile, was a butterfly. It looked like a child had painted it. It had colorful wings with hearts on them. I liked it and looked around the ceiling to spot some other painted tiles, but it was the only one. Right above my head it floated above me and I recalled 11 Corinthians 5:17 - "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation; the old has gone and the new has come."
Now, to anyone else, that little butterfly might have just been a pretty little something to look at, but to me, it was God speaking. He knew I knew the verse and He knew that I had prayed for new tear ducts. Oh how sweetly, His voice sang over me in that moment that I realized that butterfly was just for me - a message from my LORD that my prayer was answered. The old tear ducts are gone and new have come. (I know that isn't what the verse is talking about, but it sure is what He was saying to me in that moment.) I laughed at the irony, or providence, of it all and thanked Him for letting me know. It was the last thing I remember seeing before I woke up.
Oh, God is good! He is there right when we need Him.
Thank you LORD! Thank you for sending little messages our way. Thank you for singing over us. Thank you for loving us! You are AMAZING!
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.